Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Temple Tuesday

Psalm 4:1 says, "Answer me when I call to you, O God who declares me innocent. Free me from my troubles. Have mercy on me and hear my prayer."
When was the last time you prayed a prayer like that? David wrote this verse to God, asking God to speak to him, to rescue him, to listen to him.

I especially love the second half of the first sentence: "...O God who declares me innocent." Have you ever thought about that? God declares you innocent! When I first read that, I asked God how he could possibly find me innocent. I don't deserve that! But then it hit me, I'm right. I don't deserve to be called innocent. But Christ Jesus died for me - and he gave me innocence and righteous I did not deserve so I could accepted by his Father God. And the same is true for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment