Monday, July 26, 2010

A Call to Patience... Again

Yesterday, I wrote about waiting for marriage. But I feel like I aimed it specifically at those people who were and are dating. However, there is a different kind of patience (or, more accurately, a different place where patience is needed): that window of time between wanting to date and actually going on a date.
For those of you, like me, who are on the latter list (having never had a date), I have three words for you: Do not despair. On the very serious side of things, you have the rest of your life to find a true, honest, and Christlike guy or girl to marry - you don't need to obsess over it now. This came to mind as I was writing yesterday's post and I said that most people date between the ages of 15 and 25. It's funny, because I was so concerned about dating years ago, yet I'm only three years into this supposedly "taboo" margin. So stop worrying!
"Yeah," you say, "It sounds easy enough. But I feel like everyone else is dating. All the popular girls at school have boyfriends, my roommate's got a great girlfriend..."
The truth is that you are you for a purpose. Your future significant other, whether you've already met each other, whether you'll date a ton of other people before him/her, is who they are for a purpose. And your meeting and dating and marriage is, guess what, for a purpose. So don't underestimate or belittle God. He knows what he's doing with your life. He understands how you feel - but he has an all-encompassing, world-wide plan! He's never late, he's never preoccupied, he's the creator and commander of the universe - so he can handle your love life.

Why don't you let him? And be patient! You'll be glad you did.

If it seems slow in coming, wait patiently, for it will surely take place. It will not be delayed.
- Habakkuk 2:3

1 comment:

  1. It has been a pleasure to read your blog post! Great thoughts, simple but profound. Continue to press into God and look forward to more of your works!

    Kyle

    ReplyDelete