Monday, July 5, 2010

Purpose

Imagine this: God has you where he wants you. God has placed where you are right now for a purpose. Your existence, and even your very being wherever you are, is God's plan.

I didn't get the summer job I wanted. A part of me is still unhappy about that. But another part of me has realized that because I'm not working full-time, I have time to move in to my new house, time to get adjusted to a step-family, time to plan for college, and time to enjoy my last high school summer. It's actually a blessing not to have to worry about all the transitions that are happening right now and maintain a work schedule of 40 hours a week. And I believe that's because God has me right where he wants me.

The next time you're tempted to get angry or upset because something didn't work out the way you hoped - consider that God has a plan for everything. Closing one door does not mean God hasn't opened another.

No comments:

Post a Comment