Saturday, July 10, 2010

A Series of Adventures

Tomorrow I leave on my a mission trip with my school. Every year we go to St. John's Island, near Charleston, to build houses for Habitat for Humanity. This will be my fourth and last year going on the trip.
It has truly been an adventure each time I go on the trip. After working all day outside in 100 degree weather, going back to our hotel (actually a camp/conference center) for a shower and to play a game of cards, then dinner, incredible worship, and more games and snacks... The trip is so exciting, such a learning experience. Last year, my classmates and I were the oldest kids on the trip (as none of last year's seniors attended). This year, we're going to be the oldest kids again - which is always a plus! Seniority, haha!!
I cannot wait. Drawing this series of adventures to a close makes me sad, but I know that not only will there be more adventures to embark upon, but that these adventures have prepared me for many more. I am indebted to the people who plan these trips and who prepare for us each year.

In a way to keep in touch over my two trips this summer, and all the many adventures I'll be taking in college, I've enabled e-mails as well as texts to post on my blog. Be patient as I try these out! Also, "Temple Tuesdays" are coming soon. They will consist of Bible Verses and/or my meditations - the kinds of things that remind you of a sanctuary or a temple.

Godspeed on my adventure!


No comments:

Post a Comment