Sunday, October 3, 2010

Struggles and Triumphs

It seems that when I've finally decided I don't need something, Satan throws it in my path again and again. And when I make the decision to give every part of my life to God, I am consistently tempted by my weaknesses. When Satan sees progress in my faith, he is all too eager to put an end to it.
But all of this reminds me that I can't do this alone. See, life is not meant to be lived alone. We need close, Christian friends who will hold us accountable and encourage us. We need to rely and depend on God with everything and every part of us.
And even when it seems impossible, we must press on and press into God. We must place our focus on God and others. My youth pastor always said, "It's not about me. It's about Him and them."

Psalm 35:22-28 says:
O Lord, you know all about this. Do not stay silent. Do not abandon me now, O
Lord.
Wake up! Rise to my defense! Take up my case, my God and my Lord.
Declare me not guilty, O Lord my God, for you give me justice. Don't let my
enemies laugh about me in my troubles.
Don't let them say, "Look, we got what we wanted! Now we will eat [her] alive!"

May all those who rejoice at my troubles be humiliated and disgraced. May those who triumph over me be covered with shame and dishonor.
But give great joy to those who came to my defense. Let them continually say, "Great is the Lord, who delights in blesing his servant with peace!"
Then I will proclaim your justice, and I will praise you all day long.

Finally, when dealing with the enemy, remember to be strong in the faith. We have no need to fear Satan, because the one who is in us (God) is stronger and greater than the one who is in the world (Satan). 2nd Timothy 1:7 says, "For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline."
Brothers and sisters, keep on keeping on!

No comments:

Post a Comment