Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Crossing Those Monkey Bars

Getting over a painful experience is much like crossing monkey bars. You have to let go at some point in order to move forward. - Unknown

So, it hurt, right? You're still not sure exactly what happened. All you know is: things are different now and you can't explain it. And now you feel hurt and upset. And by this point, you're starting to get over that hurting feeling in your heart. But despite trying your best to get over it, whenever it pops back up, your stomach feels all knotted again. And you wonder if the regret and the frustration will ever completely go away.

And that's when God speaks...
Give it to me. You gave it to me so I could bring about good in your life and in the situation. You gave it to me when you realized you had no other option. And when I started to shake things up a bit, you got frustrated and you tried to take it back. But, my child, it belongs to me. And now I want you to give me your frustration and your remorse and your confusion. Cast all your cares upon me. For I am gentle and humble in heart and in me you will find rest for your soul. My child, give it all to me. And I will show how I will make the situation right again. I will show you if and how I want you to move, and I will prepare you. Listen to me. Seek me in everything you do. Before you make a move or utter a sound, ask me what you should do. Because in me you live and move and breathe.
My beloved, I will never allow something in your life that is not for a purpose. You will be challenged and you will grown in this circumstance. But I want you to give it to me. Box it up, label it, and place it in my open hand. You cannot manipulate your emotions about it anymore than you can control it.
So, give it to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment