Thursday, September 30, 2010

Life is a Learning Process

Sometimes we grow stagnant in our lives and in our walks with Christ, and I wanted to take this chance to share some things that I am learning in my own life. Moving from high school, a single-parent home, a comfortable, safe place, to a two-parent home, a new house and city, and now to college, where I am making my own decisions and living my own life, God has been working. It's hurts, believe me, but it is worth it. God is burning away those things that are not of him, and prompting me to desire him more. Here are some of those lessons:

  1. This is happening for a reason. And while I may be surprised by life's circumstances, God knows, and has planned, and is working out everything that happens for good. (Romans 8:28)
  2. God is good. And he desires and plans and wants good in my life. His good is so much more extravagant and unbelievable than the "good" I think I want, or the "good" I see around me. If things don't work out the way I want them to, it means God has something better up his sleeve. (Matthew 7:11)
  3. Not only is God allowing difficult situations in my life, but he is always with me, and walking through these situations with me. He's not leaving me to figure this out on my own. (Joshua 1:9)
  4. My purpose is to be satisfied in God and to glorify God. And God may use certain situations or events to draw me closer to realizing my purpose and helping me achieve it.
  5. Instead of worrying about me and my problems, I've got to spend more time with others, focused on their needs and showing Christ to them. I should be investing in the lives of those around me.
  6. It all works out in the end. If it hasn't worked out, it's not the end. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment