Thursday, September 23, 2010

Welcome to College

Since graduating high school and arriving at college, I have encountered many different experiences and learned quite a lot about myself, God, and life, and I hope to keep learning more.
On the funny side of things, college has changed my perceptions. For one, my daily routine now includes checking the shower for spiders. The library is not a scary place anymore. Walmart trips are considered a big deal and an important social function. Thursday is laundry day and it takes 86 minutes and $2.50 to wash and dry my clothes. And for Christmas I'm asking for quarters, Scantrons, pens, and Walmart giftcards.

On the other hand, it is wonderful to be experiencing the so-called "college" atmosphere, where no two days are exactly alike, there are so many chances to spend time with and invest into the lives of others, and not only am I learning about God and Christianity in the classroom, but I am getting the chance to explore his creation and his personality on this campus. For a while, when people asked how college was, I told them it was a challenge, but I was enjoying it. But now, having been here for a little over a month, I can say that I love college. It is such a fantastic experience that teaches you time management and a little more independence, as well as providing such a fun atmosphere to grow and experience God.
So, yeah, I love college! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment