Saturday, September 18, 2010

It Already Belongs to Him

What if, instead of giving my life and problems and circumstances up to God, I was actually relinquishing my futile grasp on what already belongs to him?
1 Corinthians says, "You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body."
And not only with your body, but also with your life. Not with only your words and actions, but also with your relationship choices. Not only with the clothes you wear, but also with the attitudes you have about you. Honor God with both what people can see and with what people cannot see.

What if, instead of including God as a part of life, God was my life? And anything that didn't line with him was sacked, cast off, cut out, done away with? What if, instead of pretending I could have both selfishness and 'Savior-ness' in my life, I ran after God with everything I was and found myself in his arms - with no looking back?

What would it look like if my relationships radiated Christ with every word and motion? Would other people notice if I gave up what I wanted for what God wanted? Would the result of a life sold out to God have more impact on this world than a life lost in the patterns of this world?
What if I stopped, right now, in the middle of this path I'm pursuing a little too fast, and let go? Because it already belongs to him.

Well, I think I've answered my own question. God, give me peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment