Saturday, November 27, 2010

Here Am I on Earth

"You are God in heaven and here am I on earth, so I'll let my words be few: Jesus, I am so in love with you." (Let My Words Be Few, By: Matt Redman)

Is that the cry of your heart?
I know I come to God more often with: "Dear, God, thank you for this day. Could you help me remember what I studied, keep me safe, bless my mom and my dad and that guy in the hospital and that missionary what's-his-name I'm supposed to be praying for, and bless this food to our bodies. Amen." Is that what God desires to hear from me? Like a lover who wants to talk with his beloved, God really isn't interested in "thank you for this day, bless me, Amen".
Ever sent a text message to someone or wrote on their Facebook wall just to say "hi"? Or called someone special or the sole purpose of hearing their voice?
It should be the same with God. I mean, granted, we can't reach out and touch him and we usually don't hear his voice audibly. But he still desires to have an intimate relationship with us. He longs to speak with us, to hear about our days, to hear us cry out about what troubles us and laugh about what brings us joy.
Yes, God is amazing and all powerful, which is why the song reads: "I'll let my words be few". In awe of God, we should have reverence towards him. But God is not only our Father, not only our King, but also our friend and counselor and daddy and lover. He's pursuing you. It's almost ridiculous to ask for God's blessings, if you think about it, because he loves us so much he'll always provide. Despite that, though, God is delighted in giving us good things (Matt 7:11).
So here's my challenge: Go to God right now and tell him what's up. Sometimes we spend more time worrying about something than we do talking about it with God. He wants to hear what's on your mind. Obviously, he knows everything, so he knows what you're dealing with, but he desires to hear you tell him. Again, it's like a husband and wife - both want to know about the other's life. Not only that, but they also ask questions about each other in order to get to know each other better.
So, stop reading and go tell Him! It may feel weird, but just keep going. It may help to write it down.
Okay, go!

No comments:

Post a Comment