Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Living Life Like I Control It All = Ridiculous

God, I hate that I hate.
And I'm disappointed that I feel disappointed.
I feel upset and uneasy over the fact that I'm upset. And uneasy.
I regret that I have regrets. I wish I didn't wish for so much. It would be nice if I was nicer.
It it were up to me, everything would be peachy keen and soft and sweet. But what I once longed for is never coming to fruition.

But what is God doing? Here I go again, living life like I control it all!

Hey, you. Yeah, you. God has a plan for your life. God has a purpose. God is working all things out for your good, because you love him and have been called according to his purpose. You are not struggling through this world on your own. So hope for the best and keep on keeping on. Don't get so bogged down in the little things of life.
Imagine the unimaginable! Try to fathom the unbelievable. That's what God wants to do in your life, your school, your workplace, your city, your state, your country, and in this world.

God can do anything, you know—far more than you could ever imagine or guess or request in your wildest dreams! He does it not by pushing us around but by working within us, his Spirit deeply and gently within us.

(Ephesians 3:20-21, MSG)

1 comment: