Sunday, May 30, 2010

Dream

I had a dream last night.
It was about something that happened, or rather, didn't happen, in high school. The dream concerned me asking a fellow classmate for advice about this thing which was to have happened.
I woke up before the advice was given, unfortunately. But I really did want this thing to happen - it seemed to be right thing for me. Something I had prayed for, begged for, and wished for all these
years.
But the right thing at the wrong time is the wrong thing.

Even if it was God's perfect who and what, it probably wasn't God's perfect when or where. The right thing at the wrong time is the wrong thing.
This dream reminded me of that thing I wanted so badly. And that I'll never get it in my timing. My timing.
I think in the long run, this has taught me to recognize that 1) getting everything I want is not really what I want, 2) God has a higher purpose and plan for my life, and 3) His plan involves the entire world and the greater good of bringing more people to himself, not my whims and wishes.

I'll wait on God's timing!

No comments:

Post a Comment