Thursday, May 6, 2010

Couldn't wait to get going...

...But wasn't quite ready to leave.

Don't you just love music? That quote is from the song "American Honey" by: Lady Antebellum. It tells a story of memories of a girl years ago who "innocent, pure, and sweet, like American Honey".
And on the topic of memories, today was my last official day of high school. Right now, I just want it to be over, but I know that come graduation, I will be crying. It's always depressing to leave behind the only ground you've had for 8+ years. Yet it's a joyous cause for celebration to move on in life, to grow as a person and encounter new things and make decisions for yourself.
So, yeah, I feel like I always couldn't wait to get going, but I'm still not ready to leave. Where did the time go? And why am I here? How did I end up at Shannon Forest, in this house, with this family, and these friends, and these relationships? How did I get here? How did I come this far?

Matchbox 20 sings, "Let's see how far we've come". Hebrews 13:14 says, "For here we do not have an enduring city, but we are looking for the city that is to come."

Yeah, I've come this far. But why? Because I worked hard and made A's? Because I'm so awesome in everything I try? Haha, no.
Because the God who created me offered his Son to take away the penalty for my sins, so I could realize His free gift of salvation and heaven, and experience some earthly successes as well.
I'm not here because of me. I'm here because of Him.
Still, though, it's pretty awesome that I'm here at all. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment