Friday, February 4, 2011

God is Pursuing You...

...Even when your busyness is overwhelming.
I've got some things on my heart right now that I really need to express. For one, this is the third week of the Spring semester of my Freshman year of college. Literally, it feels like I just got here. I'm so impressed with how quickly everything seems to be passing by.
In addition, this semester has marked the beginning of my participation in several activities, including my first Student Ministry (semester-long community or campus service). For my student ministry, I'm working with my new church in the youth and children's ministries. I am also leading a Bible Study for the girls in my dorm on the book of Esther (we had our second meeting today) and co-leading a group here on campus that is studying the movie "To Save a Life". In addition, I'm working 15 hours a week (3 more than last semester) and slowly assuming the responsibilities as Secretary in a club that was created to spread awareness and prevent sex trafficking of minors. And, last but not least, I'm taking 15 credit hours, which is 5 classes.

Surviving this semester in one piece will be a miracle. But you know what the cool thing is? God still works miracles. :)

And the fact of the matter is that God is still pursuing me. He's showing me amazing things. On Monday, I was beginning to worry about not having the right lesson plans for Bible study today. I had a theme I wanted to talk about, but I couldn't find a good story to tie Esther's experiences to modern day. In my 11am class on Monday, a missionary couple was invited to speak, and the wife told us the story of how they became missionaries and how God was calling them into the field. It was so beautiful, and I knew it was perfect for relating to God calling Esther to the King's Palace.
God is still pursuing me. Even when things get crazy, God's ridiculously in love with me. And you! And he would love for you to take a break from the hectic-ness of life and just spend some moments with him. Spend some time focused on him, his love for you, the amazing gift of his son whom he sent for you. And after being romanced by your Savior, go love someone. Christ has shown us what it means to love so we can go and be love for those around us.
Be still and know that he is God and let him recharge you to go out and love others.

No comments:

Post a Comment