Friday, February 11, 2011

Whisper

And the word of the LORD came to me: "What are you doing here, Alex?". So I told him. And he said, "Go stand over there, because I am about to pass by."
Then a great wind tore through the room, but the LORD was not in the wind. Then an earthquake shook the very ground I was standing on, but the LORD was not in the earthquake. After the earthquake came a fire that raged out of control, but the LORD was not in the fire. And after the fire came a gentle whisper.
When I heard the whisper, I pulled my jacket closer around me and covered my face with my hands and stepped out from the shadows.
And God, in a voice gentler than anything I had ever heard, asked me again, "What are you doing here, Alex?"
I swallowed and took a breath and dared to answer him. What am I doing here?
I realized that the answer was still the same. I was doing the same thing now as I was before the wind and the earthquake and the fire. But this time it was different. Somehow. This time my heart had changed.
And God said, "Here's my task for you. Go and do it. Now you're ready."

[Based off of 1 Kings 19:10-18]

No comments:

Post a Comment