Saturday, February 19, 2011

God's Passions

"Do you believe God gave you your gifts and talents? Do you believe God gave you a passion for those things you're passionate about? If so, who is hurt by you not using those gifts?"

I believe that God is passionate about the gifts he's given us. It's like God is saying "Here Alex, here's the gift of encouragement. Here's your musical abilities. Here's your heart for the outcast. Here's a desire to serve me." And then me saying "Okay, thanks God. That's nice and all, but I think I'd rather sit here in this pew." Or "Thanks for this passion, Lord, but other people do it better than me, so I'm just going to let them do it."

Uh, no. God gave you those gifts, those talents, those desires... He wants you to use them. And when you ask, he's going to give you opportunities to use them. Just be willing to go with it.

I believe with every piece of me that God put me where I am for a reason. Because I could never have done it on my own. Thus, he has me where he wants me. And he's doing something amazing with it. I can't let myself ever think that I'm not worth it, that God has given up on me. Because he hasn't. And even if it feels like I don't fit in, God's still here and he has a role for me to fill right here.

Are you doing what God's called you to do where he's placed you?

No comments:

Post a Comment