Saturday, May 21, 2011

Q and A with God

Me: God, why am I still single?

God: Because you don't love me.

Me: What?! That's ridiculous. Of course I love you.

God: You philos me, but you do not agape me. You read a chapter of my Word in the morning, if you have time, you send up some little one sentence prayers if you remember someone who needs something, you tend to enjoy church more for the people and less for meeting with me, and you don't desire me.
Child, I long for you to be intimate with me, to want me, and to want to want me. You aren't passionately in love with your Creator, child. You find me burdensome often. Yeah, there are those moments where you rejoice in my presence. When things have been hard, and I bring you to the other side, you are amazed at my power as if you had never seen it before. My child, that is great, but I long for you to experience that all the time.
Child, when you see the sunrise or sunset, or the way the moon peaks out from behind the clouds, or hear a child laughing, or experience true love, child, revel in it. Don't say, "oh that's cool" and stuff that feeling that you are tiny compared to my greatness and giant plan for the world. This meta-narrative didn't have to include you, but it does. And everything is written in my book before it comes to pass. Everything.
Including where and with whom you would fall in love and get married and all of those wonderful things. But, daughter, listen to me. If you don't desire me and long for me above everything else in this world in you live in, you will take the first guy you can get your hands on and place him above me in your life. So, by keeping you single right now, I am protecting you. If only you realized that I doing this for your good!
And, my daughter, until you desire me with every fiber of your being before everything else, you will not have any healthy dating relationship. If you could take him or leave him for my sake, you are making great strides. Realize that that text message can wait, that Facebook notification isn't important. Come spend time with me. Come be in my presence; come lay back against me and breathe.

No comments:

Post a Comment