Saturday, March 13, 2010

Spring

Spring is just around the corner. I mean, DST is literally tonight! But also, today was the first day this season I wore capri pants. I love those things. Not only were my pants still in the washer and dryer, but it was a bit warm outside.
I went to a Kiwanis Pancake Breakfast with my very wonderful Key Club members and I made pancakes with them. Then I went with my mom to Target and Bed, Bath and Beyond to make bridal registries for her.
It kind of hit me there, walking behind her with a scanner. "Do we need this? Do we need that?" It was almost as if I didn't need to be there - like she was 23 again, looking for stuff for her first wedding. I mean, she was obviously looking for her second marriage and she told the salespeople that. I don't know, it just felt weird.
But I am glad that she asked me to come along. I'm a part of this. It's not just two people coming together. It's the blending of two families.

In other news, birthday dinner with my friends is tonight! I'm so excited. I love these people. Happy Birthday to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment