Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Ready

I was looking over a gift a friend made for me. It was collage of magazine pictures, drawings, and letters. She had used various letters from magazines to spell out words as well as cutting out certain words.
In the middle of the collage, sloping up from left to right, in white letters on a blue background, was the word "ready". It was the third largest word on the page, after "faith" and "real".
And as I looked at it, I thought, "ready"? Am I really ready? Am I ready for life, ready for these changes in my life, ready for the complications surrounding me? Life is changing very, very fast and I feel like it's rushing by me so quickly I can hear it.
Am I ready for this?
I don't know. I don't know if I could ever be ready. Even if it took a million years. On one hand, that sounds very scary, but on the other, I think it's a good thing. How can we learn if we never step outside of our safety boxes?
Yeah, I can prepare for these changes. I can talk to people who've been there, I can organize my things and pack up for the move. I can talk to people at my college, decide what I need to take, plan my schedule and hit the road. But I'll never be completely ready. I need to grow!

No comments:

Post a Comment