Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Freedom

In reply to my previous posts about second chances and leaving it behind, I wanted to share this quote. It's from James MacDonald's sermon on "Freedom from People Pleasing." Sometimes I listen to his sermons on podcasts when I work out and this stuck out to me today.
In John chapter 8... Jesus says to them, 'If my Word abides in you, you are my disciples indeed, or you are truly my disciples. And you'll know the truth and the truth will set you free.' And so the two characteristics of a genuine believer are: that you have this growing love for God's word and then the result of that is that you have a growing pattern of freedom in your life. People who don't know Christ are slaves to sin. They've just got certain sins that every time it calls their name they come running and they can't change it and they try not to be angry, they try not to be selfish, they try not to be prideful, they try not to be lustful, but they are. And they always come back to it.... But see, the thing is, is that when you're in Christ, you're getting free. You're getting increasingly free.
I am amazed at God's provision right when I need it. He is calling us to freedom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment